Friday, March 13, 2009

Food Stamp Case

I wish I could say that I didn't believe stuff like this didn't happen very often, but I am afraid that it actually does... What you are about to see is an actual email from a source in the business. I want to assure everyone that there were no names attached with this, but I trust the source.
Subject: Food Stamp Case

One of the workers here just approved an onoing food stamp case where the family have over $80,000 in bank, own a 2001 Toyota and 2006 Mercedes Benz, and a $311,000 home that is paid for. Monthly benefits of over $500 in FS, received over $300 in expedited.

3 household members--husband, wife and child. Wife recently lost job, husband receives SS benefits.


THERE'S SOMETHING BAD WRONG WITH THIS PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS A FAMILY THAT KIND OF RESOURCES AND STILL GET FOOD STAMPS.


................................................................

This is where things have gotten to. I would think the world would want to know about this.
And people wonder why I get all in a tizzy over the Farm Bill...

Insta-Update: Here's more...
When [the] County runs out of State money to give people Food Stamps, we will have to supplement the Food Stamp Account from the General Fund. The same fund that pays for the people issuing the Food Stamps. When the General Fund runs out of money, [the county] will have to lay off the people issuing the Food Stamps.

Last one out – Turn out the Lights!
This stuff is just unbelievable...