Friday, May 20, 2005

How's this for a Gesture?

The CFO of PepsiCo should step down. Seems she likened the US to the middle finger, at graduation for Columbia business school. She must have thought she was speaking at the Columbia school of journalism. Now, she claims she was trying to show how "indispensable" we are and also how that finger can be misused. This is blatant CYA. This woman, in the article cited, says:
Following my remarks to the graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City, I have come to realize that my words and examples about America unintentionally depicted our country negatively and hurt people.
Over the years I've witnessed and advised others how a thoughtless gesture or comment can hurt good, caring people. Regrettably, I've proven my own point. Please accept my sincere apologies.



The best gesture, ma'am, would be your immediate letter of resignation.