Friday, February 01, 2008

Maha Rushie Backs up Yours Truly

From the EIB Network:
CALLER: All this political stuff. I'm learning how to be very serious about how to vote for a presidential candidate. I consider myself a Christian-American conservative. The way I vote is everybody that's running gets a consideration. Then I do the process of elimination. Just about everybody's been eliminated.

RUSH: Yeah, you know, that's where a lot of us have been all along here. I mentioned this at the beginning of the program. One of the reasons why the conservative vote is split is not because the Reagan coalition has gone away. You have basically three legs of the conservative stool. There's subsets of this, but you've got the economic, the fiscal; you've got the social; and you got the foreign policy conservatives. Among these foreign policy conservatives -- these are the neocon guys -- they believe in a big government. They believe in big, active executive, compassionate conservatism. They love this. That's why they like McCain. He's a big government guy. Without anybody in this race that has all three of those legs firmly understood, then the conservatives all over these states and all these primaries are splitting off one of those three legs, the two, three that matter to them most. Like the social conservatives, a lot of them are going Huckabee because he's a minister, because of abortion. The economic conservatives, a lot of people are going to Romney -- and those are the small government types. The foreign policy national security conservatives, those are the most important ones, those are the ones going to McCain. Of course, he's picking up independents and moderates as well, and so the reason for this fracture is, the reason you're a wreck is because there's not one candidate that incorporates all three legs of the stool.

CALLER: I'm not liking all these giveaway programs. I mean, my father taught me how to fish and I'm sure you've heard the analogy before.

RUSH: Oh, yes.

CALLER: I want somebody who will teach us how to fish and not give us the fish.

RUSH: Well, then you never vote Democrat. I don't care what, you never, ever vote Democrat. Their objective --

CALLER: Before I paid attention, I did.


RUSH: Well, I know, but that's before we fixed you. You know, we fixed you. You've straightened out. You ought to be feeling really optimistic here. I mean, look at how educated and informed you've gotten on what you understand. The fact that what you deduce disappoints you, that's part of the game. That's part of the game of learning how to analyze. We all go through this; we all get disappointed. You look for the best of the options. Whoever is the last standing in this race is going to be the one that we dislike the least. It's just as simple as that. Jean, look, I appreciate the call. It's great to have you and congratulations. It's a very, very positive thing you've said, that you are now paying attention that you're a wreck. Deal with the wreck stuff, but the fact you're paying attention, we like that. Cindy in Atlanta, thank you four calling. Nice to have you here.

CALLER: Yes. Thank you, Rush, for having me. I just wanted to ask your opinion on what we should do actively if someone like John McCain does get elected. I mean it's all -- you know, a lot of people are talking about what will happen negatively, but what can we do to further conservative principles and actually get something accomplished?


. It's going to frustrate a lot of us, and there's not going to be a whole lot we can do about it, other than behave as we did during the first amnesty bill and flood Washington with attention. You have to fight for it.

You have to fight for what you believe. This fight never ends because liberalism is never going away, and there are always going to be Republicans who are not conservative, and there are always going to be Republicans who are moderates and so forth. But all of these things are all part of the mix.

The answer, my friends, is not in walking away, but in standing up. And, the legs of the stool are all flooding out like they are the most important. Dang, I hit those points on the nose....Go Me!

Now back to your regularly scheduled humor and newsgathering. This shameless pat on the back brought to you by Mark...