Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Primary2008: Karen Gillmor Wins Ohio Senate Primary

This also came in after I shut down the "live" coverage:
TIFFIN, OHIO- With a majority of precincts reporting, Karen Gillmor (R-Tiffin), a former two-term State Senator, has won the primary for the 26th Ohio Senate District with more than 60% of the vote over State Rep. Steve Reinhard.

Gillmor said, “I am extremely grateful to the voters for their support. I certainly appreciate their confidence in giving me the opportunity to bring my experienced leadership back to the Ohio Senate. I want to thank Representative Steve Reinhard for a positive, well-run campaign. He has served the constituents of his House District well, and I wish him well in his future endeavors.”

“Our state is facing tough economic times. In 1997, Ohio's tax burden was 20th in the nation. Today, it is the 5th highest. Ohio's heavy tax burden places our state near the bottom nationally in attractiveness to new businesses. We must work diligently to reduce taxes and create the kind of economic development opportunities new businesses seek. By providing incentives and streamlining regulations, our current businesses can be encouraged to expand. We must concentrate our economic efforts to reduce taxes, cut wasteful government spending, and bring high wage jobs back to Ohio.”

“As your State Senator, I will work every day to provide the positive changes that hardworking families in the 26th District want and deserve. My previous record in the Ohio Senate clearly demonstrates I can and will do just that,” Gillmor said.

Ohio’s 26th State Senate District includes all of Sandusky County, Wyandot County, Crawford County, Marion County, Logan County, Union County as well as parts of Ottawa County and Seneca County.