Tuesday, October 06, 2015

St. Rep. Wes Retherford Announces Candidacy for Re-Election to Ohio House


Promo for Retherford appearance on TIB All Stars Show a few years ago.
COLUMBUS-Today, State Representative Wes Retherford (R-Hamilton) announced that he is running for re-election to the Ohio House of Representatives in the 51st District.


"After many conversations with friends and family, and considerate prayer, I have decided that it is in the best interest of both my family and my constituents that I do not seek the open congressional seat," Retherford said. "Therefore, I am formally announcing my candidacy for re-election to the Ohio House of Representatives. I have been able to accomplish quite a bit in the Statehouse and believe that I can do more good there than in Washington."


"Representative Retherford has been a committed servant to the people of the 51st District," said Speaker of the Ohio House Clifford A. Rosenberger (R-Clarksville). "During his nearly four years in the House, he has been steadfast in sponsoring and supporting policies to support Ohio's veterans, seniors and taxpayers. I look forward to supporting him over the next several months and doing what I can to help him return to the Ohio House."


Retherford is seeking his third term in the Ohio House, after first being elected in 2012