Wednesday, April 28, 2004

OK, I'll Play Too

From Democrats Give Conservatives Indigestion:
This seems to be going around the blogosphere, so I thought I'd join in. Via [DGCI], where I first saw it.

Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 23.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

Matt's Chat

Well, my bookcase is right next to my computer at WMD HQ, and the closest book to me is "Every Man A Tiger" by Tom Clancy with General Chuck Horner (ret. USAF). Page 23, Paragraph 5:
"Horner wondered if the "pair of eyes" shared the CINC's joy."
Unfortunately, that is not what I have been reading lately. My boss loaned me her copy of Against All Enemies by Richard Clarke. My first impressions aren't suitable for publication here. My Saturday reading between students is "Endgame: The Blueprint for Victory in the War on Terror" by Fox News military analysts LGEN Tom McInerney (USAF ret.) and MGEN Paul Vallely (US Army ret.) and is MUCH better.

4/29 Update

Mahatma tells us what book is on his desk and what liberals should be reading.