Monday, June 23, 2008

WMD Blast: New Daily Hit Record Edition

Well, well, well...a brand new daily hit record for WMD was achieved yesterday. Thanks to our friends at Digg, and to all the readers, who got us all the way to the front page for awhile. I won't know for sure what the final total was until I get my weekly report from Sitemeter, but this much we know for sure: we had our best day ever.

  • Butler County: City of Hamilton - I haven't really dug in to this too deeply, but this kilowatt hour tax doesn't sound like a Republican idea to me... Reminder: Republicans are the party of lower taxes and less government. Unless I missed a meeting...


  • In Memorium: George Carlin - I saw Mr. Carlin perform once. His influence taught me the power that words have. I didn't always agree with him, but there has rarely been a stronger advocate for the First Amendment than George Carlin. And he was incredibly funny... He will be missed.


  • OH-02 - Cincinnati Beacon goes after Gannett on Wulsin stuff again. The Dean asks some very important questions about the Enquirer and the kind of service Cincinnati is receiving from this 527 media outlet.


  • Congressman Bob Latta (R-Bowling Green) will host a special order tonight on the floor of the United States House of Representatives that will discuss domestic energy policy. Congressman Latta will be joined by three fellow freshmen Republican members: Rob Wittman (R-VA), Steve Scalise (R-LA), and Paul Broun (R-GA).

    The special order will begin at approximately 8:30 P.M. and can be viewed on C-SPAN.


  • She said What? This is particularly ironic coming from the Daughter of the Father of Ohio's Income Tax... Out of touch? Uh-huh...tell me another one lady...


  • MORE LATER...