Tuesday, August 26, 2008

McCain Quote

Over the years since 2000, I've watched John McCain slowly but surely tick me off about a hundred times; but this one quote, right here, sums up why I supported him in 2000 over George W. Bush.
"If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you are disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and correct them.”
–Sen. John McCain
Many of my fellow Alliance bloggers ought to find that sentiment a familiar one as I am often one of the biggest supporters of folks who have issues with the way things are being done to roll up their sleeves and get to work within the system to change it.

We can have our differences with John McCain, but we should remember that he has the integrity and the will of a reformer in a time when real change is something that we shouldn't have to believe in but rather see in action. I can respect someone who stands up and speaks their mind; I won't always agree with it, but I will respect it. John McCain will do what he believes is right and if you search your soul, my fellow conservatives, I suspect that you will find yourself agreeing...a lot.

But when there are concerns, you should address them in proper and dignified manner reflective of the importance of the issue. You should get involved and help be the change that you want to see in the world, your nation, your party...