Wednesday, May 19, 2004

What's Goin' On?

From Michael King's Ramblings' Journal:
A spent rocket launcher was found near the H.E. Holmes MARTA station on Atlanta's west side this afternoon.

Local police and the FBI said that since it was already spent, there was no threat to the public, but of course, they want to know (hell, I wanna know!) where it came from.

The big kick is that the location where they found the ordinance was less than a quarter mile from Interstate 20, just inside I-285. Also, the MARTA tracks are adjacent to a freight line, which is used by military transport trains among others.

I may be pulling the tin-foil on a bit tight here, but my wife and I travel that stretch of the freeway every day. As you can imagine, the pucker factor went up a notch.

Matt's Chat

anybody wanna venture a guess what this is about? And why we didn't hear about it on the news?

Note to Michael: I live in OHIO and I got a scare out of that...I can't imagine having to travel that route. Keep us posted, will ya?