Saturday, February 19, 2005

Congressman Portman Heading to Iraq

By Matt for the TIB Network:

Just returned from a Lincoln Day dinner and I have some news to report.

Congressman Rob Portman's office will be announcing later this week that the Congressman will be heading over to Iraq to investigate whether or not everything that can be done to locate missing soldier and constituent Matt Maupin is being done.

The way the congressman sounded leads me to believe, although he did not actually articulate this line of thinking, that he thinks there is something not being done that should.

If this is the case, I know Portman is the man that will bring appropriate measures to correct the situation.

Developing...

Mark's Remarks


I don't think Mr. Portman meant to cast aspersions on the effort to find Matt Maupin, I think he wants to see firsthand what IS being done and to offer any support he can. I believe he also wants to go and see the troops and tell them that Ohio (well, except for the unfortunate souls lost in this sea of red..wah, wah)supports them and believes in their mission.

My prayers are with Congressman Portman in his mission, and wish him good luck and a safe return.

Islamofascism Delenda Est!