Thursday, March 31, 2005

Time to Train Hollywood

Apparently JOAN OF ARCADIA is "on the bubble."

I was just having an exchange of emails with a "reliable source" and she said something I found interesting:
Now, I know that some people who know their Bible better than I do have issues with the show not being Christian enough in its depiction of God. I empathize. But I also know that, for television networks, the choice is *not* between “A biblically inaccurate show about God” and “A biblically accurate show about God”.

It’s between “Joan of Arcadia” and, pardon my crudeness, more T&A. Mainstream shows about God are a hard sell, and frankly? I’ll take what I can get. If we can rally enough support behind Joan, Hollywood will realize that Christians *do* watch TV- if it’s good. It’s up to us to train them to give us what we want.
Essentially, it is up to us to "train" Hollywood that we want to see shows like JOAN.

JOAN has four brand new episodes coming out starting tomorrow night, April 1st. Check it out on CBS won't you...

Secret Message to Elana

See, that wasn't so bad now was it? :)

Related Sites

CBS' JOAN site
Joan of Arcadia Online
Joan of Arcadia.com
TV Tome: Joan of Arcadia

Obligatory Star Trek Reference

I just noticed that one of the regulars on this show is April Grace, who was in Constantine:
April Grace, who plays Dr. Leslie Archer, was a transporter chief (Maggie Hubbell) on TNG (5 episodes: "Reunion", "Future Imperfect", "Data's Day", "Galaxy's Child", and "The Perfect Mate") and got promoted to Ensign on DS9 (the series premiere, "Emissary").