Thursday, April 07, 2005

Another Republican Bad Idea

No, Rep. Sensenbrenner, I don't think it's a good idea to use the criminal justice system, rather than fines, for the prosecution of broadcasting indecency violations. That's the sort of thing that leads to witch hunts... I think increasing the fines to significant levels will allow the market to police itself, thank you very much.

Update: Jawalanche!

Thank you Dr. Rusty for the link! Citizens of Tatooine, check out the rest of our fare here.

Mark's Remarks


I agree with Matt. We should raise the fines to very high levels, and I believe I would have a strikes and you are out policy. If a network program gets so many indecent hits, then it is gone, the network, director, producer, production company, and actors are fined. Invoking the criminal code is a bit much, Mr. Sensenbrenner. I think it best you continue to focus on the illegal immigration fight, Mr. Sensenbrenner.