Thursday, October 27, 2005

BREAKING: Miers Withdraws

AP News Alert:
WASHINGTON (AP) Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers has withdrawn her nomination.
Expect DOOM and GLOOM from the anti-anti-Miers camp and the Bush Cheerleaders...


I just want what's best for Bush. Gooooooooooooo Bush!


Thank God somebody came to their senses...

9:40AM Update

I should have guessed Hewitt's response:
I think Ms. Miers has been unfairly treated by many who have for years urged fair treatment of judicial nominees.

She deserves great thanks for her significant service to the country. She and the president deserved much better from his allies.
I'm going to let the first paragraph go...I think it is nonsense too, but I want to focus on the second paragraph.

Don't you think, Mr. Hewitt, that the People deserved a better nominee? I do. And apparently that message finally got through to somebody at the White House.

More whining from Hugh follows including a ridiculous Nixon comparison.

Hugh, suit up for the next nominee. Hopefully, this time we'll get one we can all support. And stop thrashing people who have a different point of view. You are doing more damage to the GOP's "Big Tent" than any damage the anti-Miers camp could possibly have done. You were wrong. Admit it and move on...