Friday, April 07, 2006

McEwen on Tony Snow

I know that to some people, this blog is a joke...but I think it is important to follow up on this story, so here is a transcript of McEwen's call to Tony Snow yesterday.
SNOW: We've got an interesting caller here and I want to get to him right away. It's Congr-- it's former Congressman, now running again for Congress, Bob McEwen. Yesterday, a caller called up and --- I'll call you Representative McEwen, it is a decent honorific. As I recall, it was an allegation that you had encountered somebody, been rude and sort of said, "Don't you know who I am?" Can you refresh me on that? Or do you not want to repeat the allegation? Congressman McEwen, are you there?

McEWEN: Yes.

SNOW: Okay, Yeah, I, because already my memory is faded on this, but somebody did call up with an allegation; you want to refute and I want to hear you.

McEWEN: Yeah, what was reported to me Tony was that the Bob McEwen Water Treatment Facility in Clermont County Ohio, which allows the county grow and expand. They named the water treatment plant aftr me some years ago as an honor. And I was there to cut the ribbon and that was it. And I haven't been back since, but the statement was called yesterday, as it was related to me, that I had gone out there recently and demanded to get in and when they didn't let me in, I said, "Do you know who I am?" or something like that.

SNOW: That's right. Th-th-th-this facility is named after me, you must-that's right. That's what it was.

McEwen: And I'm sorry I missed it yesterday, but that is so foreign to anything that I would say or do and I think that anybody who knows me knows that that is the case. And I just felt like the truth ought to be brought out.

SNOW: Well it is very important and I appreciate you doing that.

McEWEN: And I appreciate what you're doing...

(The interview goes off in to issues that are not relevant to the Apr. 5 call.)
Audio of this segment can be found here.

We're fair and balanced on this blog...even when we don't like the candidate.

11:35AM Update

I was asked to transcribe the end of the call as well. I aim to please:
SNOW: Bob McEwen, good to hear from you. It's a -- We'll all be watching in interest because there is a primary race; you are taking on Jean Schmidt in the Republican primary. Uh, I'm not doing an endorsement, but it is good to hear from you and I appreciate the phone call.

McEwen: I appreciate your friendship, buh-bye.

SNOW: Thank you. Okay, so there you have it; setting the record straight and I like that, so for those who said he was at a water treatment facility saying, "Do you know who I am?" Not true, you got it from the source.
There you have it, folks...

Audio file of this segment can be found here.