Friday, April 14, 2006

President Votruba: Fire this Woman!

Matt and I are both alumni of Northern Kentucky University. Both of us had great times there, albeit at different times. Both of us were active in the community. Both of us, I believe were proud to have gone to such a good school that often gets overlooked.

Now, however, I am ashamed of my school. The NKU Right to Life group put up a display showing the number of innocent children killed by abortion. A leftist literature professor, Dr. Jacobsen, encouraged her students to destroy the display. She even participated, as there are pictures of her removing crosses.

This woman is a hypocrite. She says she encouraged her members of her GRADUATE level class to exercise their first amendment rights by DESTROYING the expression of another group's right to free speech! What, they should not be allowed to have their views displayed? Excuse me? This is not soviet pravda, madame professor!

This woman engaged in fascist, self-righteous, and bigoted behavior toward another group of people. She violated the code of collegiality by engaging in a vandalous display of contempt. She engaged in subverting the expression of others for her own gain. And she did it under the aegis of a university official, a teacher.

Teachers should not do this. They should not seek to crush dissent in such a manner. Teachers should encourage dialogue and debate, not mass vandalism against an approved display.

I am ashamed that this woman is on the faculty of my school. I am ashamed that she has not been summarily fired and blacklisted. I am ashamed that President Votruba has not been MORE vocal in coming out against such hatred. Therefore, I will not be displaying any of my NKU wear anymore. I will not be encouraging students I tutor or teach to attend NKU. If such a hateful and closeminded person can be allowed to not only teach there, but to advance as she did, then I don't want people I care about going there. This woman is not an educator, she is an indoctrinator. She should go to work for al queda, not at NKU.

SOB Alliance member Bizzyblog has all the news items and postings here. Go and read the whole thing. And, I encourage all alumni to withhold their contributions until this bigot and hateful closeminded indoctrinator is removed from campus.