Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Tony Snow Show

Bizzy referred to a call that happened on yesterday's Tony Snow Show. I'm working on getting him some audio of this call (it's a little technical problem), but here is a transcript:
SNOW: Let's go to Josie in Cincinnati. Josie, you are up next. Hello, Josie?

JOSIE: Hello!

SNOW: Hey!

JOSIE: How are you?

SNOW: I'm fine, how are you?

JOSIE: I'm fine, thank you.

SNOW: Good.

JOSIE: (laughs) Hey, uh, you know, we had an incident here that reminded me of the Cynthia McKinney thing. Uh, we have a guy that has, uh, come back to run for Congress. And he hasn't been here in a long time, but when he was here, they, uh, I guess they put his name on a water treatment facility. And he showed up yesterday with a full telvision production crew wanting to film a commercial, but he was unannounced and unscheduled, so the guard said, you know, "We don't do that here after 9/11 we have certain provisions in place. And he said, "Did you know that my name is on this water treatment facility?" And he said, "Well, I don't care." (nervous giggle) "You know, we need some advance notice." And so, the guy, I guess, went over his head, and called the supervisor and called legal and it's just all over the county and I thought, you know...

SNOW: Now, who is this person?

JOSIE: Uh, what is his name? His name is, uh, McEwen.

SNOW: (laughs) Oh, no! (Laughs) Oh my, he's running against Jean Schmidt for the, uh, second congressional seat. (Laughs) Rob Portman's old seat in the Cincinnati area. Well, you know what? Any politician who says, "Do you know who I am?" or "Did you know that this was named after me?"; they ought to be immediately drummed out just for having their heads in places they don't belong. Josie, thank you for the call.
I'm hoping to be able to provide a link to the audio of this call itself later, but wanted to get this transcript up while its hot and fresh.

4/7 Update

Audio of this segment is available upon request. Email me if you want to hear the segment and I'll provide the link.