Saturday, April 28, 2007

Federal Dollars for The Banks Project is Pork

You can count me among those who believes that utilizing federal tax dollars on the Banks Project in Cincinnati should be considered as pork spending. Steve Chabot and Republican Leader, my Congressman, and a Great American -- John Boehner -- got this one right. Jean Schmidt did not.

The tale of the tape from the Cincinnati Enquirer:
“I have no idea why some opposed The Banks funding, but I can tell you why I voted for it,” Schmidt said, explaining that Hamilton County Commissioners, the Cincinnati City Council, Mayor Mark Mallory and the downtown business community all identified The Banks as their No. 1 priority.

“I simply went to work on making it a reality,” she said. “I am very happy I got The Banks project in the bill. I am proud to have voted for it. ... If people want to criticize me for fighting for my community, I will gladly admit my guilt.”
Ted Stevens (RINO-Alaska) couldn't have said that better, Jean...