Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ohio.com Rips Off WMD?

The Akron Beacon Journal owns Ohio.com and they have recently done away with their forums and launched a couple of lame blogs in their place. None of which really matters to me all that much.

Pho pointed out a similarity in the name of this blog and the new lefty blog on Ohio.com that is in serious need of some anger management classes and suggested that I "sue the bastard." That's not really my style, but I will go on the record as saying that I am not a fan of just how closely the tin-foil centered blog's name is to Weapons of Mass Discussion. It does lend itself to the theory that this blog was intended as some sort of pathetic satire at best and an attempt to confuse potential readers at worst.

Bill Sloat and Matt Naugle also point out the extreme lameness of this shameless blog name grab.

Me? I plan to mock them...but you sort of expected that, didn't you?

8/2 UPDATE: Pho has a very thoughtful follow-up to the fracas that every MSMer who wants to get in to the bloggin' business ought to read.

I'm tempted to make the Ackron Bacon Fishwrapper a regular feature. I've got one post in mind already that I would really like to mock our doppelganger with, but I fear it might be a bridge too far... Let's just say that I'd call it "Democrats: The Party of Wrinkled Cleavage and Oprah's Va-Jay-Jay" and leave it at that...