Thursday, September 27, 2007

Heimlich Scores Munoz Endorsement

Bill Sloat reports a major bombshell in the OH-02 primary race: Phil Heimlich has gotten the support of former Cincinnati Bengal Anthony Munoz.

Munoz is a MAJOR player in Republican circles in southwestern Ohio and this move comes as a shock to me. I've not heard that Munoz was displeased with Jean Schmidt...actually, I've not heard anything from Munoz about Jean Schmidt.

This changes quite a bit...

9/28 UPDATE: In light of this from Bizzy, I shall revise and extend...

Munoz is smart enough of a Republican to know better than to show support for a non-incumbent and say that his support doesn't constitute an endorsement. Even if he hasn't come out "formally" endorsed Heimlich, you don't see him doing a fundraiser for Jean Schmidt...and until he does, I think it is fair to say that he has picked his horse in this race.

As usual, I'll gladly point out my email address in case Anthony wants to clear any of this up... wmdtvmatt - at - yahoo - dot - com ...I'll print anything you want to say Mr. Munoz...