Thursday, October 04, 2007

Breaking: Husted Will Not Support Teddy Care in HB 186

For the last two weeks, on our radio show on TIB Radio, we have done stories regarding Ted Strickland's attempt to follow in the footsteps of Canada and the UK, and create socialized medicine in Ohio, through the Mike Skindell (sp?) House Bill 186. In fact, that first night, I was so outraged when we covered it and I read Tom Blumer's post on it and did the background that during the show I penned an email to my State Rep from the 88th District, Danny Bubp.

Mr. Bubp just got back to me minutes ago. He first apologized for the delay, as he was in Kansas City doing training in his work as a Marine Corps reservist. He then went on to tell me that he had checked into things with the Republican Caucus and Speaker Husted's office and the Speaker. He told me, and had on conference call a key member of Husted's staff who confirmed, that neither Speaker Husted nor the Republican Caucus in the House will support House Bill 186. In my email, I told Mr. Bubp that if our initial information that Speaker Husted was amenable to the bill, that a lot of us out in the Conservative blogosphere would work to get him upended.

I see now that the initial information was flawed, as Rep. Bubp and Husted's staff member pledged they would not support bill 186. Ask a Marine to look into something, and it gets done!

As an aside, Speaker Husted, if you had a more friendly view and relationship with blogs and bloggers, this could have gotten out in a different light. Something to consider, since you have gone on the record as not caring too much for blogs.

Rep. Bubp and Husted's staff member promised me a reply to my email and when I get it I will detail it here. Until then, faithful readers, take a deep breath, and get ready to join Danny Bubp and Speaker Husted in fighting Teddy Care.