Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why Does Sherrod Brown Hate the Troops?

OK, so, Sherrod, where is your condemnation of Pete Stark? I mean, you supposedly think smearing troops past and present is bad....And I have email evidence that would seem to imply you would be condemning Rep. Stark. Here is the story. WMD regular Marilyn D. sent an email to Sen. Brown
thanking him for his contribution to Rush's successful eBay sale of the letter he signed. Over 2 MILLION DOLLARS that letter brought in. I also told Girlie that while Dems talk about "the children", Rush actually did something to help children......

I received that email from Marilyn Friday at 10:30. She sent me Senator Brown's reply:
Thank you for contacting me regarding recent actions taken by members of the Senate in response to comments made by radio personality Rush Limbaugh.

Mr. Limbaugh’s comments made on September 26, 2007 implied certain members of the military were less patriotic than others. I have received numerous letters in the last few weeks expressing outrage at inflammatory remarks made by policymakers, political groups, radio personalities, and celebrities. The individuals and groups that are the focus of these letters either made a controversial statement about a member of the military, or responded in a controversial manner to such statements.

The common thread in these letters is a view I share: addressing concrete issues is far more productive than debating the appropriateness of comments protected by the first amendment. However, I do think that the vigorous debate over the MoveOn.org ad and Rush Limbaugh’s comments have served one important purpose: it has reminded this nation that while Rush Limbaugh, MoveOn.org, the Swiftboat Veterans, and any other group or individual has the First amendment right to free speech, personal attacks on past or present members of the military are offensive and counterproductive. I supported an amendment to the Defense Authorization Act that reflected this basic premise, and I signed a letter to the sponsor of Rush Limbaugh’s radio program, Clear Channel, that made the same point.

Regardless of the source and the motivation, vitriolic attacks on members of the military deflect attention from the pressing issues upon which our nation should be focused, including the need to ensure our troops are properly equipped, receive the benefits they deserve, and are redeployed as soon as possible.

Thank you again for contacting me.


Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown

OK, first...what do the Swift Boats have to do with this? Still sore over that? Take some advice from that hategroup and MoveOn. Second, the bold sections of the email I highlighted would seem to indicate Sen. Brown would readily condemn Pete Stark's comments....So, Sherrod....I am waiting......