Thursday, November 08, 2007

12th District Court of Appeals Update 2

As reported below, the Butler County GOP Central and Executive Committees overwhelming choose Area Judge Robert Hendrickson for the 12th District Court of Appeals last night.

I've been wrestling with this one for awhile and I am encouraged that the committee seems to have arrived at the conclusion that Republicans can indeed recapture the seat from a Strickland-appointed, incumbent Democrat. The other thing that I am encouraged by is the fact that when it came down to experience versus politics, experience won the argument. Competence matters...not that I think Pratt wouldn't have done a fine job, the experience factor has value.

In retrospect, I am glad that this one turned out the way it did. Now, let's get a candidate for Area III and start campaigning to regain the seat.

The 2007 Weblog Awards