Friday, January 04, 2008

Mark's Early Take On Iowa

Much ado about nothing. Though it tells me Iowans are pretty shallow, as they voted for two of the most shallow candidates in either field, Mike Huckabee and Barry Obama. These two are great for speechifying, but their ideas are short on substance. Huckabee is passing out Jesus Juice and Obama is trying to take dance lessons form Ellen DeGeneres and not honoring the flag when the Colors are displayed.

Look for Huckabee to fade as more people read this blog and others detailing his malfeascance and lack of real positions. Look for Mrs. Clinton to still win the nomination and be christened the Comeback Kid part 2, to make her vulnerable. If Huckabee wins the nomination for the GOP, it is a Democrat victory in November.
Not good news for Rudy or Fred, but if people see Huck for what he is and quit drinking the tainted kool aid, they could gain ground.

I havent seen the full breakdowns, as I just got out of the Brown County Endorsement meetings. Just my early impressions.

MATT'S CHAT: What did I do last night during the caucus. Oddly enough, I did exactly what he did...and had a similar reaction.