Thursday, May 08, 2008

Rush is Right Yet Again

Today's Rush Limbaugh Pearl of Wisdom:
"The Republican Party does not have an attack machine. It doesn't even have a defense machine. The Republican Party is just sitting around twiddling its thumbs and hoping people continue to send it money. There is a conservative survival machine, and it exists entirely to tell the truth!"
That is absolutely correct.

So when I see the political machinations emanating from Columbus on Marc Dann, I know that if there is a strategy (and I have been assured that there is) chances are pretty good that the playbook is probably outdated. I know: I shouldn't be that rough on our friends from Columbus, but I'm looking for some sign of life up there and all I keep seeing is Speaker Husted embracing Governor Strickland...

To be perfectly honest, it's starting to feel a lot like the Blackwell-Raga campaign... I lost track of how many times I heard, "Oh...don't worry about that. We got a Plan!" Uh-huh...how's that working out for us now?

Rank and file Ohio Republicans need something to inspire them. It won't be John Sidney McCain. It sure isn't The Crying Man, our Senator RINOvich. The legislature is tripping over themselves to ingratiate themselves to a governor so bland that describing him as vanilla is an insult to vanilla. County parties have been a mess too...although, I suppose that out of 88 counties, more than a few are doing well enough. There just has to be something to unify us all...

I don't want to go all Newt Gingrich on y'all and predict doom and gloom while offering no solutions whatsoever, so I'll just go ahead and offer one: Let Kasich be Kasich...let's start the governor's race early. I am sure he isn't ready for that though... The Ohio GOP appears to be a ship without a rudder cast adrift in a very rough sea. We need direction that only an inspired leader can provide. Somebody needs to step up and deliver...and I'm sure so egotist will make the attempt...

[Banging my head against a wall...]