Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What Does This Say About Sarah Palin?

I haven't seen anyone else make this observation (and if anyone has seen it somewhere, send me a link) and this has been rattling around in my head the last few days as I've been watching the disgusting assault on the Palin family and I think I'm just going to put this out there and see what you all think of it...

At the introductory rally in Dayton, which a couple of us WMDers attended, I thought it was very interesting to note who was holding Baby Trig.

Usually when a candidate has an infant, the spouse can be seen carrying the baby along with the family; but in this case, 17 year old Bristol was -- if I am not mistaken -- holding her little brother.

At the time, I was actually thinking that it might send an interesting message if her husband had been carrying the child; but in light of recent revelations, I wonder if maybe the Palins aren't already trying to get young Bristol acclimated to her new life as a mother-to-be. And what message does that send to the youth of America?