Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let Me Be The Judge of That

I just submitted the following letter to the editor at the Journal-News. It will be interesting to see how they 'edit' it. Of course, I have much to say on these matters than letter to the editor space allows.

This year, with all the attention focused on the Presidential election and with the typical media spin eloquently supporting two appointments the governor has made, I wanted to express my opinion about the quality of judicial candidates we are so fortunate to have in Butler County.

I want to start with the 12 District Court of Appeals. There are two outstanding individuals running for these seats, Bob Hendrickson and Bob Ringland of Clermont County. Both Judge Hendrickson and Judge Ringland are highly experienced judges who will bring a wealth of knowledge to the bench. Their opponents have no judicial experience and have stated that their goal is to make the 12th district 'less conservative'. That scares me.

In the race for Juvenile Court, Tim Evans deserves your consideration. Tim is by far, one of the most knowledgeable and capable attoneys I have ever met. Tim will bring a compassion and understanding to the bench and will be fair and protective. He will utilize common sense and his many years of experience will serve him well over his opponent who is just there because of Strickland.

Finally, in the county court race for Area III, Dan Haughey (pronounced HOY)is an outstanding attorney who has impressed me with his intellect and his heart. Dan is a good family man, with two beautiful children and has a very successful practice. We won't have to give him on the job training as he is well versed in courtroom procedure and protocol. He is highly respected in legal circles and will make an outstanding judge.On November 4th cast your vote for these quality candidates, Judge Hendrickson, Judge Ringland, Tim Evans and Dan Haughey.


I am personally acquainted with each of these candidates and each of them will make fine judges in their respective courts. I encourage you to join with me on November 4th or before and vote for these outstanding and qualified candidates.