Friday, October 03, 2008

WMD Blast

SCHEDULED POSTS:

We have stuff from OH-02's Jean Schmidt, Republican Leader, my Congressman and a Great American -- John Boehner -- Ohio AG candidate Mike Crites, a local story on Butler County Auditor Roger Reynolds, and an Energy update...all of that is on tap for today!

BAILOUT:

  • The latest news: Sources have Steve Chabot (OH-01) voting no, I suspect Geoff Davis (R-KY) will vote no, Republican Leader, my Congressman and a Great American -- John Boehner -- will vote yes again, and a source who attended a Schmidt fundraiser on Thursday night stated Jean indicated to those in attendance that she would be voting yes, despite her disappointment with the final bill.


  • How will Bailout votes affect the election? The timing of this vote couldn't be worse as absentee ballots and "early voting" (which is not an election according to th Secretary of State's office) is happening right now. I suspect that this vote may determine the fate of several incumbents...


  • PolitickerOH: "LaTourette: Bailout amendment offers cover for vulnerable incumbents" -- Because "cover" is exactly what is required here.....


  • DEBATE:

    I caught the first forty minutes of the debate and was disappointed. Sarah Palin wasn't stupid and Joe Biden didn't make any gaffes... I will agree with something I read on Twitter though: it appeared to me also that Palin was trying too hard to get in every talking point she had in her head while Biden was trying too hard not to say too much. Based on what I saw, I'd have to call it a draw. I didn't see a loser on either side last night. Of course, my opinion on that might change if I hear that something worth watching happened in the second half of the debate...

    VIDEO:

    Bill O'Reilly (of all people) gave Barney Frank a severe smackdown on last night's show.


    Bill O'Reilly Vs. Barney Frank SMACKDOWN - More free videos are here

    OPEN THREAD IN COMMENTS...