Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Brown County Update Coming: Upon Further Review

I have some updates to one of the Brown County updates we ran, and it involves some misinformation that was fed to me by people regarding the Common Pleas Judge race between Bruce Wallace (endorsed by Democrats) and Scott T. Gusweiler (endorsed by Republicans). Gusweiler won the race, but I received a call and an email from someone else in the Western Brown Family that has additional and contrary information with some factual background that puts holes in my original sources. I tried vetting my original sources without revealing their names, which I will not do now. However, it turns out that there are serious questions regarding Michael Daly's allegations as well as those involving my source in the WB School District.

Since I do not want either the Brown County GOP or this site to be accused of engaging in rumor and rhetoric without substantiation, I will be posting the contentions of my newest emailer; whose identity I have confirmed but will not disclose, who is a Republican, by the way, but wanted to get truth out there; to prevent any further misrepresentation. I will let you decide for yourselves. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and then I will return to my extended leave of absence from blogging and TIB. However, I felt it important enough to come back, out of respect for both men, Bruce Wallace and Scott Gusweiler, to not print things that may be untrue. It is also important to not let our site become nothing but rumor mongering and encouraging. Therefore, consider this and the subsequent post my mea culpa.

Thank you and God bless.