Friday, January 09, 2009

Voinovich Update

Awhile back, over at Red County / Butler, I wrote a piece talking about how vulnerable George Voinovich is in 2010.

For awhile now, I've been hearing the usual rumblings and whispers about our senior senator deciding to hang 'em up after all these years. These things rarely pan out...

But when guys like Matt Lewis start hearing these things too...
... In other news, I am hearing rumors coming out of Ohio that Senator Voinovich is seriously considering making an announcement next week that he won't be running for re-election. According to my sources, Rob Portman would likely be the Republican to replace him. This also opens up the GOP gubernatorial nomination for former Republican Congressman John Kasich.
As per usual, I sent in a request for comment from Team Voinovich and at the time of writing I haven't heard a thing. Although I will note that there had been multiple hits from senate.gov earlier in the day...

Senator? I'm listening...tell me what I want to hear.

RELATED: BizzyBlog has more...