Saturday, August 01, 2009

Butler County Update - Commission Edition

Earlier today, I got an email from one of my "connected" sources asking me what I thought of Nancy Nix and Greg Jolivette. I really didn't think anything of it and give my impressions of each and moved on with my day. Here I am now at the end of my day and I see a "Breaking News" update from Hamilton Journal News saying that Nix, currently our county Treasurer, is planning to challenge Jolivette for his commission seat.

I admit that I really don't know Greg Jolivette all that well, but Nancy Nix is a strong up and comer who I think has a real future in politics. This is something of a curious move with interesting timing since it was recently revealed that Jolivette may have an ethics problem involving votes to hire his children for summer jobs a few years ago.

There has been a running feud between Jolivette and Sheriff Jones as well. Jones has been quoted as saying that he has "trust issues" with Jolivette.

Also quite the coincidence is that in today's mail, I received a note from Jolivette seeking support as he seeks re-election.

DEVELOPING...