Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hutzel Announces Candidacy for 12th District Court of Appeals

Release:
MIDDLETOWN-Warren County Prosecutor Rachel Hutzel today formally announced her decision to run for the 12th District Court of Appeals. Hutzel will run for the position soon to be vacated by Judge William Young.

"I am proud my time in the Prosecutor's Office and the work we have done to make Warren County a better, safer place to live," Hutzel said. "If elected to the Court of Appeals, I will bring the toughness, knowledge, and experience that my time in the Prosecutor's Office has provided."

Hutzel was elected Warren County Prosecutor in 2002. In that office, she has overseen prosecutions of major crimes such as murder, rape, and theft. Her office provides legal representation to all levels of Warren County government, including 25 County Agencies.

"Government's first obligation is to protect its citizens, but a judge who has never set foot in a courtroom before putting on the robe can't do justice," said Hutzel. "My 16 years of experience as a prosecutor gives me the background and sensitivity to do justice on the court. Over the next several months, I'll travel throughout Southwest Ohio, and I'll take my case directly to the voters."
Rachel Hutzel is a life-long resident of Warren County. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Dayton College of Law. She has been a practicing attorney since 1991, serving in the Warren County Prosecutor's office since 1993. She and her husband, Matt Blazey, have a son, Matthew.

The 12th District Court of Appeals is based in Middletown and serves Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Fayette, Madison, Preble, and Warren Counties.