Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A Season of Thankfulness

As I have not posted anything in many months, I wanted to inform and update the status of what has been going on with me in the recent past. As many of you know I have been struggling with some health issues and have been working to regain some semblance of health and vitality.



While I am not there yet, I am much better and have a profound sense of gratitude for it. I am grateful for the many cards and letters and phone calls received and I know that many people are able to separate the personal from the political. Not all, but most can!



On Monday, I was fortunate enough to have my fourth surgery of the year. Of course, this one didn't hurt as much as the other ones and it has restored vision in one of my eyes. That is one reason I find myself typing away at the keyboard being able to see what I type, how amazing it is when they remove a cataract!



The other day, I read through my cloudy eyes, that someone couldn't find anything to be thankful for. I was wondering what it took to make someone grateful. Was it a positive cash flow, great business success, super health? I then realized that some folks can never be thankful for what they have because they live in a fantasy world beset by pure selfishness! If you can't be thankful, at least don't be a putz about it.



This political season has seen a lot of turbulence and ups and downs. Of course, there are some who live for the opportunity to mix things up and more power to them if that is how they get their jollies. I am interested in seeing how it all turns out and after the first of the year, look for things to start jumping around here. I predict that there will be a sense of change in the air and that we will see more people getting involved. I look forward to working with new people and I am excited about what the future holds.



To my many friends and my family, thank you again for standing by me. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.