Friday, February 05, 2010

Grendell for AG?

This just in from one of my millions of sources somewhere in the battleground state of Ohio:
State Sen. Tim Grendell's wife won the Mega Millions lottery. Not sure for how much - Friday's was 144 million and Tuesday's was 14 million, or something close to that so it could have been either one. Anyway, the rumor now is that Senator Grendell will now be running against...Mike Dewine. Mwahahahahaha.
I have to say that this one is pure rumor and I am getting this one third-hand, so feel free to pour on a few mountains of salt...

BUT...

While I am not a huge fan of Tim Grendell, I could support him over Mike DeWine. And if he is willing to self-finance, then I'm all for both of these cats breaking the bank in an all out war for the heart and soul of the Ohio Republican Party.

UPDATE: I have heard from another source saying that the story is all over Geauga County and that the Grendell's hit the big one ($144 million) with five (maybe six) other winners. And I have seen a VAST increase in hits involving the words "Grendell", "lottery", and "Mega-Millions" so.....

UPDATE 2: The Big One appears to have had a sole winner from Texas... But I got the impression that the lottery that Mrs. Grendell won was to be split six ways.....

UPDATE 3: Let's be clear... Earlier, when I said I wasn't a big fan of Grendell, this is the sort of thing I was talking about... I do, however, think we ought to hear Grendell's side of that particular story before we cast judgement on him based on philosophical differences. I get it that it is a FAIL on the Politicial Party Loyalty Test...but I have always considered myself to be a conservative first and Republican second, so he does have an out with me on this issue but I think that would require some serious issues with the R candidate.