Wednesday, March 24, 2010

About That Buckeye Firearms Endorsement

If my Facebook friends got the impression that I was smelling something fishy about all the hubbub generated by the Ohio Republican Party (ORP) and the Dave Yost campaign regarding the endorsement by the Buckeye Firearms Association (BFA), they would be correctly reading between the lines.

There was a flurry of Twitter messages from all the usual suspects touting an endorsement by the BFA for Yost, but I smelled a rat. As usual, our friends at the Ohio Republican Party and the Yost campaign (but I repeat myself) are only telling HALF THE STORY.

The Buckeye Firearms Association has endorsed BOTH candidates and rating BOTH an "A". Of course, no mention of that in the ORP...very underhanded and sneaky if you ask me.

As Paul Harvey might say... So now you know...the rest...of the story.

EXIT QUESTION: Just how hard did Dave Yost work for THIS endorsement and does he still think that endorsements don't matter?

INSTA-UPDATE: I have some audio of a Dave Yost performance that I have been told will really tick me off... I haven't listened to it yet, but based on what I have heard I can safely tell Dave Yost that his nanny state views will be exposed.

RELEASE FROM MORGAN:
Huber Heights, Ohio - The Buckeye Firearm Association endorsed Seth Morgan, CPA for Auditor of State on Wednesday, March 24. The association endorsed both Seth Morgan, CPA and Delaware County Prosecutor Dave Yost for Auditor of State.

"Seth Morgan is a strong defender of your right to bear arms. As a State Representative, Seth introduced a bill to make guns made and sold in Ohio free of federal firearms regulations. There is no doubt that Seth Morgan understands our second amendment rights," said Jim Irvine, President of Buckeye Firearms Association.

Seth Morgan, CPA is a member of the National Rifle Association, is a concealed carry permit holder, and owns several guns.

"I'm a very proud gun owner and gun rights advocate. This endorsement is a badge of honor for me," said Seth Morgan, CPA. "I believe deeply in second amendment rights, have a record of defending and practicing them, and support this great organization."

Additionally, Seth introduced House Bill 315, which seeks to "provide that ammunition, firearms, and firearm accessories that are manufactured and remain in Ohio are not subject to federal laws and regulations derived under Congress' authority to regulate interstate commerce and to require the words "Made in Ohio" be stamped on a central metallic part of any firearm manufactured and sold in Ohio. Also, Seth Morgan, CPA is a co-sponsor of HB129, an "Alaska-style" concealed carry reform bill.
Note to ORP and Yost: This is how you do an announcement of a dual endorsement...you actually admit what it is...