Thursday, May 06, 2010

89th Ohio House Update: Dr. Johnson's Win and His Dem Opponent

Release:
After Tuesday’s primary election, Dr. Terry Johnson thanked his supporters for putting him in position to win the seat of State Representative in Ohio’s 89th District.

“I have been humbled by the level of support my candidacy has already received, and I can’t wait to embark on the next stage of this campaign,” Johnson said. “To everyone that has volunteered for me, given money to me, and even added me as a friend on Facebook: Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

Johnson says he and his supporters are guided by the mantra, “It’s about the people!” The slogan is featured on campaign buttons, and often repeated by the candidate.

“It’s about the people,” Johnson said. “It’s not about party politics. It’s not about Republicans and Democrats. It’s about getting real leadership that will put all of that aside and just do what is right for the people of southern Ohio. That’s why I’m running for State Representative.”

Johnson said jobs creation is a top priority to him, and that he is the only candidate with the experience needed to make it happen.

“I believe double-digit unemployment rates are unacceptable, and that’s why my top priority is fighting for jobs,” Johnson said. “If creating jobs was as easy as saying, ‘we need jobs,’ it would have been done years ago. The truth is it will take real leadership to make Columbus focus on our needs, and I think southern Ohio already knows I’m up to the task.”

Johnson added, “I think I’ve already shown my ability to lead. For years, I’ve been a leader in the fight against Prescription Drug Abuse. That’s a problem I take very seriously, because it absolutely ruins lives.”

Johnson also promised veterans that he would be their strongest ally in Columbus. “I hold a very special place in my heart for America’s veterans, and I will do everything I can to make sure they come home to the kind of care and compassion they deserve.”

Johnson also referenced his opponent, Ron Hadsell, who defeated Scioto County Commissioner Mike Crabtree.

“As for Ron Hadsell, I look forward to discussing the future of southern Ohio him,” Johnson said. “In November, the voters will decide which of us has the kind of experience and leadership to actually create jobs, end prescription drug abuse, and improve education. But for now, all I want to say to Ron is ‘Congratulations.’”
Want more good news about this race? Check out this bit from the Ironton Tribune:
Crabtree blamed a lack of funding and a late campaign start for his loss.

“I think we made a pretty good showing,” he said. “I’m not all that disappointed.”

He spent around $17,000, he said.

The Scioto County Commissioner said he will not support Hadsell in the election because he believes the campaign included some false accusations about Crabtree.

He wished Hadsell luck in the election but added that he would not help him win.
I am hearing that Hadsell's campaign has ripped the local Democratic Party in half, because his team isn't just trying to win this race...they want to take over their entire party. He's attempting a total coup, and his enemies are adding up.