Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sheriff Jones on "Vacation" in Arizona?

I found it interesting that the last line of this piece from Intrepid Reporter Josh says that the trip is "self-funded." I assume this to mean that the Sheriff is using vacation time for this trip.

Ohio is surrounded by Michigan, Pennsylvannia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Indiana. Now, I joke about Kentucky being a foreign country all the time, but I really don't think we need a Border Patrol to join Sheriff Spotlight's Navy, Air Force, and Horse Cavalry.

Look, I get that illegal immigration is a problem. Specifically, enforcement of our laws are the problem. What more is there to learn from junkets to Arizona? If he were spending his "vacation" in Columbus or Washington DC lobbying for the laws we have to be enforced, I'm totally on board. But I don't believe this sort of theater is productive at all.

Your mileage may vary...