Monday, July 26, 2010

Josh Mandel on Right and Wrong

The following is the text from a campaign email sent out by Josh Mandel:
Matt,

We’ve been working for over a year to create the most tech-savvy and motivated grassroots team in Ohio, communicating our message of integrity and fiscal discipline throughout the state.

In an act of desperation, my opponent has just attacked me on an issue that is about Right vs. Wrong, and demonstrated that he will stop at absolutely nothing to try to slow the growing momentum that we have steaming forward in all 88 counties.

Here’s what’s happening…

A few years ago, I led the charge to stop the Ohio pension funds from investing in terrorist-sponsoring nations such as Iran, a country funding roadside bombs killing American troops overseas. I stood strong against enormous pressure, because as a U.S. Marine and Iraq War veteran, I knew it was the right thing to do.

Now, as the radical Islamic regime in Iran actually digs in deeper and recently called September 11th a “Big Fabrication”, my opponent has attacked me regarding my leadership on the Iran divestment legislation!

Needless to say, his attack is backfiring, and our campaign has been flooded by new volunteers and donors throughout the state – Democrats, Republicans, retirees and tons of veterans – who have now set their targets on removing my opponent from office and helping us win this upcoming election.

Today I am asking for your help to send my opponent a message:

That there’s something very wrong about the retirement dollars of American police officers, fire fighters and teachers being used to kill young Americans serving our country in uniform overseas.

Your contribution of $50, $100, $250, $500 or even more will go a long way towards sending this message and combating my opponent’s desperate attacks.

My opponent has now drawn a line in the sand on this Iran divestment issue, and has given us a great opportunity to communicate to voters our difference of opinion on this important issue. However, I can’t communicate to 11 million people statewide without adequate financial resources to pay for it, and I would greatly appreciate your consideration of a donation today.

And if the story above doesn’t motivate you enough to help, please continue reading to learn who’s actually funding my opponent’s attacks…

The Dayton Daily News has just exposed that one of the largest funders of my opponent’s attack team is a Massachusetts lobbyist who:

- Lobbied to help Swiss banks keep Holocaust survivors from recovering their assets hidden by the Nazis…

- Lobbied for Enron even as the company went bankrupt and cost Ohio retirees $114 million…

- Attempted and was shut down from lobbying for a foreign government classified as a “State Sponsor of Terror” by the U.S. Department of State.

My opponent has collected more than $20,000 from this Massachusetts lobbyist and his associates, and now community leaders throughout Ohio are calling on my opponent to unload this dirty money and give it away to charity. However, in an act of arrogance and complete disregard for the meaning of this filthy cash, my opponent has refused to unload any of it.

So today, we are embarking on a mission to send this Massachusetts lobbyist and my opponent a message:

That their dirty money and attacks will be met with a force of patriotic Americans who know Right from Wrong and are proud to stand on the side of integrity and American values.

In the next 48 hours, we are attempting to raise on the internet, more than the $20,000+ that this Massachusetts lobbyist and his associates have given my opponent.

Please click here to support the cause today! Your contribution of $50, $100, $250, $500 or even more will help me combat my opponent’s dirty money dollar-for-dollar!

I’m not surprised that my opponent is reaching lower and lower, because he knows that the thousands of Republicans, Democrats and Independents we have helping each day are dedicated, motivated and laser-beam focused on putting new leadership in the State Treasurer’s office.

As we defend these desperate attacks and continue charging forward, I greatly appreciate your consideration of support today and look forward to working with you towards victory this fall!

Thanks again,
Josh