Thursday, October 28, 2010

Those FAKE Ohio Tea Party Mailers

Imagine my surprise when I opened the mailbox yesterday to discover a mailer from an organization calling itself The Ohio Tea Party that endorsed DEMOCRAT Arnie Engel for the 54th District Ohion House race.
SIDEBAR: Arnie likes to play his little games himself.  He is running as a fiscally conservative (which he is) "Independent".  Have you ever heard of an independent who is the regional chairman for the local county Democrat party?  I haven't either...)Turns out the Ohio Liberty Council has NO IDEA what these mailers are about and didn't send them
So, who or what is The Ohio Tea Party, you might ask?  Their treasurer is listed as Jacob Jeffers and the "organization" is using Jeffers' Bedford, OH address on its mailers and in its filing with the Ohio Secretary of State's office.  Oh, that filing...so glad you asked...is dated 10/21/10.  That's right: LAST WEEK.

I've done a little background research on Mr. Jeffers, and I don't like what I see so far...but we'll get to that later.

I just wanted to make sure that everybody knows that if you see a mailer that appears to be coming from the Ohio Tea Party, it probably isn't.

I smell a a RAT...a DEMOCRAT RAT...but I repeat myself.

It is entirely possible that Mr. Engel was not given any prior knowledge about these mailers and if I am to understand his position on endorsements correctly, he isn't interested in them anyway.  Engel out to publicly condemn these mailers as misleading.  Mr. Engel, I can be reached at wmdtvmatt-at-yahoo-dot-com.

DEVELOPING...