Monday, January 31, 2011

GUEST COLUMN: "Serving Your Family’s Interests During This General Assembly" by St. Rep. Mike Dovilla

By State Rep. Mike Dovilla

As a U.S. Navy veteran and small business owner, I have long understood the role that commitment and hard work play in our society. With the 129th Ohio General Assembly underway, I am striving to bring these traits with me to Columbus as your state representative. With a dedication to making things better for our district and our state, I am prepared to make the tough decisions that will lay the foundation for future success.
However, this is no small task, and during these difficult economic times we have many challenges to overcome. I will be relying on your help and guidance as my legislative colleagues and I navigate these tough waters. Having met the lawmakers from around the state with whom I will be working over the next two years, I want you to know that I believe this state is in good hands. Your House of Representatives is composed of men and women with a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience that will certainly benefit this state.
Regardless of the obstacles we face, I am honored and humbled to be our community’s voice in Columbus. A resident of Berea, I know that the people of the 18th House District represent what is great about Ohio. We are a community that recognizes the importance of service to others and ensures that this is a great place to do business and raise a family.
At the statehouse, my goal is to make certain that our laws reflect this goal. It is important that we find ways of revitalizing our economy, and I recently was selected to serve on House committees that will give me an in-depth role in achieving that objective. I was appointed to the Economic and Small Business Development Committee, State Government and Elections Committee, Ways and Means Committee, and the Redistricting Subcommittee of the State Government Committee. I believe that my personal and professional experiences will aid me in making a real difference for Ohioans while serving on these committees.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you sincerely for entrusting me with the responsibility of serving as your voice in state government, and I will do my best to make you proud and serve your family’s needs. Please feel free to contact me with any of your concerns by calling my office, sending an e-mail or writing to me. As I continue to make my way around the district, I would love for you to say hello and introduce yourself.
As someone who has been given so much from the people of this area, I feel extremely privileged to serve you. This opportunity means a great deal to me, and I’m thankful to be making a difference in our great state on your behalf.