Friday, January 28, 2011

Ohio's Fight Against Government Unions

Over at his blog, That Hero, Jason Hart has a fantastic piece (and really, he's been working this story for awhile -- check his archives) that tells this story in exhaustive detail.

Bottom line: The Buckeye Institute has been advocating a total repeal of collective bargaining.  The usual suspects are putting up a real fight and while I have faith in Governor Kasich to lead on the issue, I have less confidence in our friends in the Ohio Senate. 

This is sort of a roundabout way of getting me to the point where I can state my preference for Ohio to become a Right to Work state.  While the issues are related in that we are talking about unions, these really are two separate topics...but I figure why not strike while the iron is hot!  Our best bet for this lies in the Ohio House...