Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Gov. Kasich Asks Parole Board to Review Williams-Bolar Case

Release:
COLUMBUS – Today Gov. John R. Kasich announced that he has instructed the Ohio Parole Board to review the case of Kelley Williams-Bolar and make a recommendation to him to determine if her conviction should stand, if it should be reduced to a lesser offense, if her sentence should be reduced or if she should be pardoned.

“Like many people, the case of Ms. Williams-Bolar has struck a deep chord with Karen and me. Many people have shared their thoughts with me in letters, email and phone calls and I appreciate their outreach. After a careful review of this case by my own legal team I think it merits a review by the parole board to determine if the penalties are appropriate, and I look forward to seeing the board’s recommendation,” said Kasich.
Williams-Bolar was convicted of a third-degree felony for issues related to sending her children to a school district in which she did not live.