Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Message From Kevin Coughlin About US Senate

Email:
For the last few weeks, I have been going through a process to determine whether to enter the race for United States Senate.  

I've had a few conservative organizations approach me about making a run against Sherrod Brown.  Though I'm not leaning toward or against it, I owe it to myself and my supporters to give it careful consideration. I have been meeting with party and opinion leaders around the state and in Washington, racking up mileage and securing commitments from contributors.

Having won in and represented a Northeast Ohio district were Democrats outnumbered Republicans 3:1,  I am a tested campaigner.  I would bring a depth of experience and knowledge on keys issues like health care reform and fiscal responsibility to the Senate.  And my long-established record of sticking to conservative principles even under pressure is what we need more of in Washington.

That said, I have some exploring to do on the feasibility of a campaign and the vulnerability of Sherrod Brown.  As I move toward a final decision I hope to get your thoughts and hear what's important to you.

If you'd like to speak to me or ask any questions please feel free to email me here or let me know a good time and a number where I can reach you.

Thanks and hope to see you soon,
Kevin Coughlin