Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rep. Bob Gibbs Votes to Cut $6 Billion in Government Spending

Release:
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Congressman Bob Gibbs released the following statement after the House approved a short-term continuing resolution that brings the total amount of government spending cuts to $10 billion over five weeks – with much more in cuts to come.

“Today, I voted to cut another $6 billion in government spending from the government’s bloated budget. While I wait for Senate Democrats to listen to the American people’s demands for more spending cuts, I have voted to cut over $10 billion and am shrinking the size and scope of our government. While short term funding measures are not the preferable way to fund the government, we must maintain critical programs and services for my constituents until Washington Democrats present a serious plan to cut spending.

“I recently voted for the largest reduction in discretionary spending in the history of our nation, but until that is enacted by the Senate, I will continue to focus on the American people’s priorities: cutting spending, reducing the uncertainty and creating a better environment for job creation.”