Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Frank Refuses to Bite On Weiner

I guess, for everything there is a first time....Barney Frank is refusing to pass judgement on another human being. From The Hill:
Citing his own brush with sexual scandal, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said Tuesday that he's in no position to judge the lurid actions of colleague Anthony Weiner.

"Given these circumstances, where I was myself engaged in activity I shouldn't have been … I just don't think it's appropriate for me to set myself up as the judge of others," Frank told reporters in the Capitol Tuesday. Frank said he wouldn't dodge the issue if it comes up for a vote in the House, "but to step up and appoint myself a judge of other people based on my own past, I just don't think it's appropriate," he said.

Weiner, a seven-term New York Democrat, acknowledged last week that he'd recently sent pictures of his underwear-clad groin to a Seattle college student less than half his age. Since then, more and more similar photos and lewd messages have surfaced on the Internet, evidently leaked by the various women with whom Weiner was communicating over social media.


I think this is the first time Barney Frank has ever passed over a.....never mind.