(Columbus) - Ohio Senate President Tom Niehaus today announced the creation of the Senate Select Committee on Redistricting for the purpose of receiving feedback from the public on redistricting.
The Committee will be accepting public testimony on the topic of Congressional redistricting in five locations across the state in late July and early August. The meetings will be held in conjunction with a coordinate House committee. Upon conclusion of the public testimony, the Senate Select Committee on Redistricting will cease to exist.
The five members of the Senate appointed by President Niehaus are:
* Senator Keith Faber (R-Celina)
* Senator Larry Obhof (R-Montville Township)
* Senator Scott Oelslager (R-North Canton)
* Senator Tom Sawyer (D-Akron)
* Senator Shirley Smith (D-Cleveland)
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Niehaus Names Members to Senate Select Committee on Redistricting