COLUMBUS—Speaker of the Ohio House William G. Batchelder (R-Medina) recently appointed State Representative John Adams (R-Sidney) to serve as chairman of the Tax Structure Study Committee, a bipartisan committee that will solicit feedback from Ohioans to ensure the best tax environment for Ohio’s citizens and businesses.
“I look forward to leading this committee in the effort to improve Ohio’s tax structure and make our economic policies more attractive to people and businesses,” Rep. Adams said.
Rep. Adams will be joined by Representatives Peter Beck (R-Mason), Terry Blair (R-Washington Twp.), Terry Boose (R-Norwalk), Lynn Slaby (R-Copley), Cheryl Grossman (R-Grove City), Brian Hill (R-Zanesville), Tom Letson (D-Warren), Denise Driehaus (D-Cincinnati), Mike Foley (D-Cleveland), and Sean O’Brien (D-Niles) in serving on this committee, which will meet throughout the summer and early autumn at various locations throughout the state.
The committee is scheduled to meet at the following times and locations:
* August 24th at 10 a.m. in Columbus (Ohio Statehouse room 114, 1 Capitol Square, Columbus, Ohio 43215)
* August 29th at 10 a.m. in Dayton (University of Dayton, “1700” Auditorium, 1700 South Patterson Blvd, Dayton, Ohio 45479)
* September 12th at 11 a.m. in Toledo (University of Toledo, Scott Park Campus Auditorium, 2225 Nebraska Ave, Toledo, Ohio 43606)
* September 16th at 10:30 a.m. in Akron (University of Akron, Martin University Center, 105 Fir Hill St, Akron, Ohio 44304)
* September 19th at 10:30 a.m. in Zanesville (Ohio University Zanesville, Campus Center, rooms T430/431, 1425 Newark Rd, Zanesville, Ohio 43701)
* September 22nd at 10 a.m. in Columbus (Ohio Statehouse, room 114, 1 Capitol Square, Columbus, Ohio 43215)
The Tax Structure Committee will allow the people of Ohio to have a chance to speak to the Ohio House of Representatives on the state’s tax climate. It will specifically cover three areas of the tax code: the commercial activity tax, the sales and use tax, and tax expenditures.
Upon completing the necessary research, the committee intends to put forth an executive summary and possible recommendations for the Legislature.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
St. Rep. Adams to Lead Study Committee on Ohio’s Tax Structure