Monday, August 29, 2011

Turner vs. Austria in Primary?

Matt Lewis reports that he is hearing that Jim Jordan is safe in the redistricting fight and that attention has shifted to the Miami Valley area where my (former) Mayor, Mike Turner, may have to take on Steve Austria in a "moderate" Republican cage match.

I like them odds.

Also in the rumor mill, but I don't believe this at all because for the most part the folks who spout this line are Jean haters, is that OH-02's Rep. Schmidt is on the block. Naw...I don't believe that one either.

Team Jordan's protestations aside, nobody I know seriously put him in the cross-hairs for elimination.

Turner/Austria...that I buy.

EXIT QUESTION: If Democrats were in charge of this redistricting, who wants to bet that two GOP seats would be on the block?