Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Mea Culpas from Mark

You know, if one is in this business long enough, you get some regrets. Things have happened to me personally and professionally lately, it gives you some perspective. There have been some things said here in ways that could have been done better. I have said some things in ways that hurt some people. And, just so I can cleanse my soul, I figure I will name a few:

Tina Meranda: The departed former Clerk of Courts for Brown County. We got started on the right foot when I joined up with Brown County. Then things went bad during the whole Blackwell/Petro primary fight. From there, emotions grew on both sides. I am glad to say that we forgave each other, even if things were never rosy again, before she passed away. My heart goes out to her family, especially her children.

 Dave Yost: Again, another good man who ran afoul of my passion and raw emotion. Sure, I would have loved for him to go against Mike DeWine and be the current attorney general. But people don't always do what you want them to do. Dave did what he thought was best for the state, his family, and himself. Sure, we poked fun at it. But, I am very sorry if any of it went too far.

Bishop Bruce Ough of the West Ohio Conference: Sure, I still disagree with the issue I disagree with. but, Bishop Ough (now retired or reassigned) has to be a bishop for all people in the district. This is a hard job. While I may not regret my stance on the matter, I do deeply regret and apologize for the characterizations and cartoonish lampooning of the Bishop. He is a good man, and I am sorry I did not see things sooner.

 The ladies from Brown County that went to the Democrat National Conference, Ms. Melissa Cropper, Ms. Beasley, and Ms. Montgomery: The photo and caption were stupid and in bad taste. I am sorry for anything deemed offensive or that may have caused you harm. We may disagree, but no need for the fangs on my part.

You know, there are ways to be disagreeable without crossing the line. Unfortunately for me, there are quite a few times where that line has been trampled on. For that, everyone has my deepest apologies. Look, I don't know how long this blog or TIB is going to go. I don't know if I even want to go on doing it anymore. In all the time I have been doing this, most of the time trouble has followed me. That is not the fault of the blog or the audience, but me. Life has a way of humbling you even if you thought you were humbled already. I know this now. I can only hope that people will see my repentance and will give me another shot in things here, there, and in the air.

 I don't know what I am saying here folks other than this: life is too short sometimes to be so tuned into a subject and giving in to passions of the moment leads to things you may regret later and that may come back to bite you. It has been a fun ride. If I don't write to you all again or you hear my malodorous tones on internet radio, I have appreciated the support and the fun, and I wish everyone here the best and a very Merry Christmas and a blessed new year.

 M, NOT MATT....