Saturday, January 03, 2004

DiscountBlogger Has Interesting Observation


After hearing about all the news about Iran recently, Michael Demmons wonders if maybe Allah isn't trying to tell them something.

Matt's Chat

Hey Michael! You always ask the right questions. And I think you might be right, I mean after a big quake and a meteorite, I can't help but think of the old joke about the guy who died in the flood after having been offered multiple rescues/warnings. The guy says, "Well I prayed for your assistance." To which God says, "I sent you a fireman and a helicopter, what more can you ask?"

Iran has a lot on its plate lately. In addition to the two calamities mentioned above, Iran is a hotspot for student unrest and there is always the nucelar issues. My prediction is that Iran will eventually play ball on the nuke front and I can only think that with democracy emerging in the Middle East, Iran will hop on that train too.

Mark's Remarks


Yes, God does work in mysterious ways. Look at how He worked in the Old Testament with Israel. Look at how He works in our lives. Sometimes it takes tragedy and misgivings to come through with the right outcome, or to lead us on the right path, as it were, or to wake us up. Good questions, interesting observations.