Friday, January 02, 2004

National Endowment for Arts producing Ode to Serial Killer


Read all about the latest endeavor from this organization. Check it out here.

Matt's Chat

I think that the arts and culture are an important part of civilization and Americans have supported the NEA with tax dollars for that very reason. On the surface, I actually don't have a problem with the idea of a musically based on a gruesome subject; for me it comes down to the final "message" behind the piece that will make the difference. Tax supported art shouldn't promote anything that the general populace would find offensive. Now, I can hear the liberals screaming already. Just remember folks, I'm a musician who used to do contract work for an orchestra that got some NEA funding...

Mark's Remarks

You know, now that I think of it, I am not that surprised....this from the same organization that sponsored the Maplethorpe garbage and the pictures of Crucifixes in urine bottles. Great taste, there, really. It is no wonder that there are not great works of art produced anymore, when we go for sensationalist garbage like this.